Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I turned 20

Well it was my birthday on the greatest day of the year July 29. I turned 20 and for the first time I wasn't in the burgh but instead out here living the dream. I had a wonderful time with my friends and the love of my life. Pears and I celebrated on Monday and had a great time. She got me an iron so my shirts can be wrinkle free! Also, since i'm a huge dane cook fan she bought me "Good Luck Chuck" and a trip to Boston, Massachusettes which we will be taking on friday with our good friend Slim Charles. Also, since many of you know I'm a coaster guru, I will be heading to Six Flags New England (SFNE) on Saturday to ride Superman: Ride of Steel and finally get that 100th coaster! On Tuesday, the boys took me out to Hooters for the celebration, but it was cut short by our waitress. She was basically a bitch and was tipped a total of 1.50 off a bill that was over 100 dollars easily. Listen you work at hooters we are supposed to look at your tits! No one said this blog was rated G.

But I was with my friends so I still had a fun and exciting time.

It is official Pears and I are moving in together when the summer is over. I just can't wait to show her off to my family and finally meet hers. We are taking a week vacation to, you guessed it, Pittsburgh just to chill and relax for a week. Then its back to Connecticut where we will start our new life together. I can't explain what this feels like. She is the first thing I think about when I get up and the last thing I think about before my head hits the pillow. You know people throw that "love" word around a lot or some are just afriad of it. But this, this is something I waited a long time for and I definitly think I deserve a girl like her. When I'm with her I feel like it is where I'm supposed to be like God brought us together for one summer but wanted it to last a lot longer. It almost didn't happen with her interning at ESPN and almost getting a job but left to teach kids at Sacred Heart, while I almost went to CMU to teach but got relocated to CT and was brought to a whole new state 10 hours from "home."

takes me back to my favorite TV show growing up.

Shawn Hunter: "Do you really like her?"
Cory Mathews: "Yeah, I really do."

No comments: